Sunday, March 24, 2013

The Hope of Sunday

Going along with my post from yesterday, I thought I'd continue the thought of hope. At church today, our congregation's leader reminded us that the Thursday before Easter is when the Atonement began, as member's of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints believe, in the garden of Gethsemane. Christ's suffering for our sins, weaknesses, illnesses and pains was begun that night. I'm sure it was a dark night. It reminded me of my thoughts from week about the dark nights we all face. But as we encounter the hardships of life, the hope and peace of Easter Sunday lies beyond those dark nights. Because I can't tell the women at the shelter that Christ died and was resurrected for them, that He loves them and that they can have hope, I am saying it to you. Though we have terrible times and dark trials, the light and hope of Christ will lead us through our life's Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays until we get to Sunday. Below is an Apostle of Jesus Christ, Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin, testifying of the hope the Resurrection of Christ brings.


No comments:

Post a Comment